Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Celebrate!


I was inspired by a card I saw on Lawn Fawn's Blog and decided to create my own version. I cut strips of patterned paper from My Mind's Eye  Market 6x6 paper pad and folded them over linen thread from Stampin Up. I pierced two holes into a 4x5 piece of vanilla card stock and strung the linen thread through and taped it to the back of the vanilla cardstock. I cut banner ends on all the strips and adhered the banners where I wanted them. I then stamped my sentiment using Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan. I mounted the vanilla piece with foam adhesive to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of patterned paper from the same collection. I then adhered the whole thing to a vanilla card base. I finished it off with two chipboard circles as the "string holders" and to cover the holes.

Supplies:
Vanilla Cardstock ~Michaels
Patterned Paper~My Mind's Eye Market 6x6 paper pad
Linen Thread~ Stampin Up
Chipboard circles ~Basic Grey's Hopscotch collection
Sentiment Stamp~ Michael's stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment