Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Smooshing, a great word and a great technique!

I got together with some friends last night for some stamping and card crafting fun. I saw a card on pinterest that I wanted to try, which is where I get most of my ideas and inspiration (see my cards and crafts pinterest board for more). I used the stamp set, "I Think You're Great" by Stampin' Up and white heat embossed that sentiment on some Tim Holtz watercolour paper. I then used Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo to "smoosh" the colour onto the paper using some plastic packaging. If you haven't tried smooshing, here is a video by Laura Bassen that will show you how. I love this technique. Also, I love Laura Bassen! I added the panel to some patterned paper and glued it to a white card base. When I got home, I added some Pretty Pink Posh Sequins because I love them, and the card is finished.


I also added some Diamond Stickles to the centre of the sequins. 


 And because I can't just do one card, here is another that I did using the same supplies. I added washi tape around the edge of the card base instead of patterned paper because I need to use the supplies I have instead of hoarding them! I love how the colours blend differently on each card, even when using the same inks.


No comments:

Post a Comment