Thursday, July 9, 2015

Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and Other Things

I got my first 6 Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers from Simon Says Stamp in the mail today, and I was very excited to play with them! I stamped an image on Tim Holtz watercolor paper and started to colour, but I wasn't so happy with the blending, so I got some Strathmore watercolour paper and that was even worse! Then I got out some Canson.. and BINGO beautiful blending! I had watched some videos on the Zig markers and the ladies that were showing them there had the same results with the Tim Holtz (which I still love for most distress ink techniques). So now I know... When I use Zig, I need to use Canson! I also know that I need to buy more colours because I don't have enough....haha.


I also tried a technique that Kristina Werner showed on her blog/Youtube channel this week. Watercoloring with inktense pencils and the Clear Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Marker. That was a lot of fun too! 


It is not easy to photograph the shimmer, but you can kind of see it here. I love this elephant from Avery Elle!

Then, because I am on Summer Break and finished reading a book.... I did one more technique that Julie Ebersole shared with us in class a few weeks ago and shared on Ellen Hutson's Youtube channel recently. It's brayering Hero Arts Ombre Inks for a cool background. The only thing I keep forgetting is that white paper and I do not get along so well... I smudge a LOT!



 I used Versamark ink to bleach out the stars in the background, which is a very cool look...

See? Smudges... :(

That's all for today!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for showing how the Zigs perform on different watercolor papers! One of the best papers I've found for blending Zigs is the Strathmore Bristol. Surprisingly, they blend like a dream on it. ;) Seeing as how this post is from 2015, though, you probably have figured this out. Beautiful card, too!

    ReplyDelete